- Are you searching for the perfect Father's or Mother's Day gift, a unique birthday present or a special ride which brings your Grandfather, a WWII Veteran, back in touch with his past? Or would you just like to experience the sounds and sensations of a warbird in flight?
- A ride aboard Texas Raiders is simple and easily accomplished. Typically, this authentically restored B-17 Bomber tours the U.S. from March through November. You and your family can tour and/or ride Texas Raiders at most tour locations. Find the event location or date that best suits your schedule, ON THIS SCHEDULE PAGE, and then click the "Book Your Ride Now" button to reserve your flight
- Although scheduled departure times are sometimes controlled by the airport event and facility where Texas Raiders is touring, we will do our best to accommodate passengers as close to their desired date and time as possible.
Experience Flight On A Vintage B-17 Flying Fortress
Cost: $475.00 per person for seats in the radio room and back, $700.00 per person for the Navigator's Seat, or $850.00 per person for the Bombardier's Seat
Number of Passengers: We can accommodate eight (8) passengers along with a flight crew of four (4)
Duration of Flight Experience
- The Living History Flight experience is about 90 minutes from start to finish, including approximately 25-30 minutes in the air.
- Payment: Payments are processed at the time an online reservation is booked.
- We accept all major credit cards, cash, or checks
- Your payment is tax-deductible to the extent permitted by IRS regulations
Reserve your seat on a Texas Raiders flight today.
Phone: 1-855-FLY-A-B17 (1-855-359-2217)
Living History Flight Experience
- Pre-Boarding: 1 hour before take-off, includes check-in, and passenger briefing and photo opportunity with the crew
- Boarding: Passenger placement, seat belt check
- Engine Start-Up/Run-Up: Before take-off, run-up of engines and taxi to active runway
- Flight Time (in air): Aerial tour lasting approximately 25 minutes. Passengers seated in the center of the aircraft can move around to take photos and videos once the OK is given
- Landing/Taxi/Engine Shut Down: Safe return back to base and taxi back to the area where passengers initially boarded
- Disembark: Once the plane is secure and the exits are opened, disembark
- Total Flight Experience: Your entire Living History Flight Experience is expected to last approximately 90 minutes
Requirements & Information About Your Ride On Texas Raiders
- Smoking is prohibited within 50 feet of the aircraft and during flight.
- Passengers must be 12 years of age or older. Current FAA and CAF regulations restrict riders to ages 12 and up.
- Flight experience is approximately 30-35 minutes in duration.
- Passengers need to arrive and check-in a minimum of 1 hour prior to the flight departure time. Passengers who fail to arrive and check-in within this time frame will be subject to cancellation of their flight reservation.
- Two documents will need to be completed and signed prior to take off. These forms will be available and processed at check-in.
- Payment by cash or check is preferred, although credit cards are accepted (Visa, MasterCard, and American Express). Payment is processed prior to flight departure.
- Your payment is tax-deductible and your experience is priceless.
- CAF and flight certification rules restrict B-17 Texas Raiders passenger load limit to not more than eight (8) passengers along with a flight crew of four (4).
- Passengers must attend a pre-flight briefing prior to boarding. There will be Wing crew members to assist you in fastening seat belts and to answer any questions.
- Seat belts are required to be fastened for take-off and landing. During the flight, if you are not seated in the nose section, you are welcome to move about the aircraft, taking photographs/video at your leisure.
- Ear protection is strongly recommended and provided if you do not have your own.
- Your ride on Texas Raiders includes a supporting membership in the CAF (Commemorative Air Force). Additional CAF information may be found at www.commemorativeairforce.org